Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Proud Sister

I have always been the stereotypical older sister - more responsible, reliable, obedient. After the army, I got a degree and when I finished that, I found a good job. My younger brother has always been the extrovert, risk-taking revolutionary. He's been programming since he learned how to type and never took formal schooling as seriously as my mother would have liked him to. But, he's begun making a name for himself in the Israel hi-tech world and slowly racking up achievements many of us will never reach, and all of this in his early 20's.

I've always been pretty proud of him, his programming skills and his ability to fit in, learn and grow where ever he finds himself. He is highly successful at his work place, earning higher than most people his age and with his background. He maintains an interesting blog. He has time for personal projects such as WastedHumanity.com. I love the blurb he wrote about himself on WastedHumanity: 
Gilly was born over 600 years ago, but was so disappointed the internet wasn't invented yet, he decided to be unborn and come back when the world was ready for him. He's a true geek, secretly living a double life - by day he tries to make people laugh by building silly websites, by night - he doesn't.
His latest achievement is being invited to talk at Reversim Summit 2014 at Google's headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel at the end of the month. He'll be talking about latency and client side performance on February 25th at 17:00 in the Hack Room. I am extremely proud of him and wish I could be there to hear him talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment